Dear IPS Families,
The recent decree by The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and subsequent clarifications from the Saudi Ministry of Education direct schools to finish classes for all students no later than Thursday, May 25, 2017. This applies to IPS and we look forward to your cooperation and assistance as we focus on students and their learning!
Our Seniors will graduate on Saturday, May 13 with exams in the previous week as originally planned. For all other grade levels, year ending assessments will be incorporating into regular classes ONLY if they maximize student learning. All of us can expect that workloads may be higher than usual as we try to complete our year’s educational objectives in a much shorter time frame.
Here are a few immediate adjustments needed to maximize class time for students:
1. After school activities (except for MUN) will stop with the end of this week. MOST curriculum based activities and events will continue as planned - some with altered schedules - we hope you will join us for these!
2. You will hear from homeroom and subject teachers with any/all adjustments to programs throughout the school. All of us will be focused on maximizing student learning.
3. Student/Parent/Teacher conferences scheduled for May 9 are cancelled. We will have regular classes on this day. It is our hope that parents will find themselves on campus frequently in the month of May to see student work in action!
4. May Holiday on May 21 will remain as scheduled understanding many families will have already made plans that are difficult or costly to change.
5. Early Release Tuesdays scheduled for May 9, 16, and 23 are cancelled and we will have regular classes on these days.
This has been a very successful year at IPS and we look forward to taking advantage of this opportunity to finish the year strong. Thank you for being with us this year AND for your cooperation and understanding as we adjust to recent developments.
Jim Leahy and IPS Administration