Students applying for admission are considered on an individual basis. Admission will be finalized after evaluation of submitted documents, completion of a school admission test, and payment of fees.
Note: All students admitted to the IPS in Al Khobar must live with parents or an authorized adult guardian. When a student does not live with a parent, the Director, or his designee, will investigate and make a determination concerning a possible waiver.
Timeline for IPS Admission Process
- 3rd week of January - IPS begins accepting applications - only complete applications will be scheduled for assessment
- 2nd week of February - Admission Assessment for IPS siblings, waitlist candidates, and staff children - scheduled on a first come first served basis. Decisions based on assessments will be communicated via e-mail within 7 business days.
- March and April - Admission Assessments for all applicants scheduled on a first come first served basis. Decisions based on assessments will be communicated via e-mail within 7 business days.
- Throughout the admission process IPS may close applications for grades as they fill. If this is the case, then those scheduled for testing will be notified and any/all monies returned.
Enrollment Application Procedures
1. The following documents MUST be submitted when applying for enrollment.
Note: Submission of the application form and documents does not guarantee that a child will be accepted to IPS.
- Fully completed application form with all required signatures.
- IPS requires photocopy of academic report cards for the previous three years (current year+ last two years) in English or Arabic.
- Academic records must meet the Ministry of Education Requirements (see the diagram in the application).
- High School applicant must submit a complete Transcript of Records.
- Current School Confidential Recommendation Letter. (Click on the links below & follow grade- specific document).
- Photocopy of parents' passport and child's passport.
- Photocopy of child's birth certificate in English or Arabic.
- Photocopy of parents' and child's iqama/ family I.D. (front and back)/GCC ID.
Note: If the student's Iqama is in process, there should be a copy of the resident visa and a letter from the company stating the Iqama is in process.
- Employment letter from parent’s company in Saudi Arabia (for expats only)
2. Testing – When application forms and documents have been completed and submitted, your child will be given an admissions test schedule and payment of the testing fee will be collected. Incomplete application forms and documents will not be accepted and admission testing will not be scheduled. An admissions test is administered to assess student's levels of reading, writing, and mathematics. The testing fee of 750 SR is non-refundable and should be paid in cash.
3. Acceptance and Enrollment Fee – After completing the assessment to the required standard, the school will contact you to offer a place in your child’s age-appropriate class, provided that there is an opening. Once contacted, in order to confirm and hold your child’s place, you must come in to pay the non-refundable enrollment fee. It is not possible to defer this fee for any reason. Your child’s enrollment is not official until this step is completed. Failure to attend school within 2 weeks of enrollment and/or start of the school year will result in withdrawal from IPS.
4. Waiting List – Because there is high demand for enrollment in IPS, there may be a wait-list. When this is the case, we will put your child’s name on the list and contact you when/ if space is available.